Monday, April 26, 2010

Progress report

Good day today. I informally signed up three friends for future CAT sessions. Now I just have to call them. I'm hoping to do one to two a week this summer.

Also, I had a brief conversation with the mailman again, from across the street, with no bad behavior from my dogs. Hooray!

Also, there are guys working in my next door neighbor's backyard and we went out and the dogs ate chicken while looking at them. Gustav didn't bark once, even when they said hello to me. No hackles and a nice low tail.

I've been thinking a lot about how to get Gustav beyond just tolerating people and actually changing his mind even a tiny bit about them. Supposedly CAT is really good for it. I see what they mean when they complain about counterconditioning being good for tolerating people, but they never learn to switch over and actually be friendly. That's exactly what I see in Gustav; a begrudging tolerance. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment