Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Back to the grind

The spring semester started today, so it's back to a nice normal schedule for everyone. I think this will be good for the dogs, because when I'm around too much I think it puts them on edge a bit. Without a consistent schedule, they never know when I'm going to hop up and take them for a walk, so they tend to stare at me a lot. Now they get an early morning walk, then a midday walk with Justin, then an evening walk with one or both of us. Nice and normal.

This morning we saw the little wheaton terrier from down the street while we were playing in the park. It was pretty far, but Dottie was off-leash and I was in the middle of untangling Gustav's leash when it appeared. I called Dottie and leashed her and untangled Gustav, and during all this craziness they saw it and Dottie only barked once, half-heartedly. Once I got them situated I treated them like crazy and I saw the lady with the wheaton smile. This made me especially happy because she knows my dogs are terrible and she could see the improvement. Hooray! A really good feeling.

No consensus on the low protein diet yet, except that Gustav's poop is way bigger and stinkier. Boo.

My friend Erin started a blog about her own special dog: www.finleydidwhat.wordpress.com It's great to be able to read about other people's process with their dogs who, um, make our lives more interesting. Plus she's an amazing writer; I'm jealous of her clever blog title.

No comments:

Post a Comment