Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Why her?

Today Gustav took exception to a woman with a scarf and glasses and canvas bag, maybe in her upper thirties. From almost a full block away. Totally weird. I do not understand why he decides some people are unacceptable and some are not. I didn't even have treats ready, because he doesn't normally react from that distance. We crossed the street and I had him sit and gave him treats once he stopped growling and started looking at me.

I also saw the mailman from not quite all the way across the street and the dogs were perfect.

Otherwise the walk was fine. Justin said they were really good this morning when a guy jogged past them with his dog in the street, while Justin was on the sidewalk. That is, until the guy said to his dog "look at your dog friends!" Then they lost it. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment