Friday, January 1, 2010

Brrrrr

Sometimes having dogs in winter is really unpleasant. It was 13 degrees, and we just got back from an hour walk. Should've put Dottie's coat on, she was really unhappy. Also, it being New Year's, Justin gave them a little walk before he went to work and I spent the day drinking bloody mary's with friends. Then I walked them at around five, and it was dark. Boo.

On the plus side, I hardly saw anyone the whole time. Today was a "no training" day for me, I didn't do any practice anything except for treats when we heard barking dogs and stopping at the corner. I even tolerated some pulling because I was too cold to do my usual: when Gustav pulls, I stop immediately until he finally gets the hint and looks back. Then I praise him and we move on, with the forward movement being the reinforcement. Not today, brrrr. Hope I didn't undo lots of training.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment