Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dottie has a hard time

Just a quick update so I don't forget: Dottie's been over threshold three times in the last two days. Once with a big guy making loud noises getting into his car, while Justin was walking them. The next two times were with me and both involved unexpected dogs. A little pug came out of nowhere and Dottie lost it. It was probably 30 feet away. I was walking Loona at the same time. Yesterday we were walking down the street and I thought I heard a dog from someone's yard, usually not a big deal. Turns out the dog was in a parked car on the same side of the street as us. I dragged them along a bit, but then stopped and had them sit and Dottie was able to calm down and take treats and the dog eventually stopped barking, then we kept going.

So times over threshold for Dottie recently: 3 :(
For Gustav: none.

I only count these on walks, not from the house or the yard. That is somewhat frequent.

This Sunday the dog group is meeting to conduct some walk-bys. I'm bringing Dottie and I think it will be really good for her. I met Katie and Laura's dogs a few days ago and they are really sweet and non-reactive.

No comments:

Post a Comment