Thursday, February 25, 2010

Having a hard time coming up with titles when all I do is talk about the same thing

Great day today. I brought Dottie to the dog park but we only wandered around in the field outside. It was great. Her hackles were up, but she wagged her tail and didn't bark once. We got lots and lots of great counterconditioning done, with zero possibility that a dog would come up and harass her. I tried to think hard about how the good work is down way below threshold. I kept thinking "ooh, I bet we could go in!" or "maybe I should go a little closer." I managed to restrain myself and everything went great.

After getting home, I took Gustav out and we saw a million people and dogs and he was a star. He even wagged his tail a tiny bit, albeit in the absence of any triggers.

Also, a raw meaty bone turns out to be the key to the dog left behind not crying while I leave with the other one.

All in all, I'm feeling happy about the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment