Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hot hot hot

Jogging season with the dogs is WAY over, too bad. They are walking at a snail's pace, even when it's just 80 degrees or so. If they think this is hot, they're in for a tough summer. Brought both the dogs to the park, Gustav on his line. His recalls are improving already. My secret weapon is if he performs an extra good recall I pull out this squeaky squirrel toy he loves even more than chicken. My other secret weapon was going down to a 20 foot line, a much more reasonable distance for him. His attention work is improving too.

I talked to Kathy the neighbor in front of her house with no barking from mine. Good! Also, I ran an errand with Justin and the dogs in the van so they could get used to it. They were so good! They saw lots of people outside the van and didn't bark once, just hung out with Justin and panted.

I also did some more work desensitizing the door knock and ran a few reps of me going in and out. I'll post a video of it soon.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's so much fun to be a magician and make something appear that they're not expecting! I pack my hiking bag without letting my guys see what fun I have instore for them.

    I LOVE seeing their faces light up when I bring out a golden oldie favourite toy!

    Susan Garrett actually did a test on her students regarding distance and at the end of the week those who ONLY made the obstacle fun in close proximity and NEVER practiced distance... had the best distance b-line for it compared to those the other test group who did distance work....getting creative now that you have time!

    ReplyDelete