Saturday, March 6, 2010

Dogs dogs everywhere

Well, it's forty degrees today, which means everyone in Wisconsin puts on shorts and takes their dog for a walk. Justin and I walked the dogs up the street. I had Gustav and he had Dottie. First we saw the doberman mix thing about half a block up, walking perpendicular to us. We went back a bit and got some great attention and counterconditioning done. This particular dog is funny, because its owner always walks with a big stick and a scowl. The stick is not for walking with, but presumable for whacking things with. The dog is always held within about six inches of the owner and gives a pretty hard stare to everything. So I was proud of the dogs. Then a few minutes later the hated JRT from the apartment building appeared across the street. My dogs hate this dog so much that they hackle up even when they smell it, even if it's already out of sight. We stayed across the street and both dogs made it without a fuss! Yay!

Now I'm taking them for a jog, and I expect a lot of people and dogs out, so wish me luck.

Also, the whole neighborhood smells of skunk, which is a little worrisome.

No comments:

Post a Comment